Our Referred Caregivers
By Your Side Care has a special group of referred caregivers that provide exceptional in-home care. Get to know more about some of our referred caregivers.
- Where do you Live? Lancaster
- What I like most about doing this job? - Feeling/knowing that i am helping someone else.
- What is your best (unusual)memory? - There are many but one that pops into my mind...the time a client was not to be found anywhere on my arrival. I was even asked if I checked under the bed! Not there!! No one seemed to know where she was. Apparently, the client was rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night and unable to notify anyone. Fortunately, after a short time she was returned via ambulance back into the driveway safe and sound!
- What is a song that puts a smile on my face everytime i hear it? I enjoy lots of music and songs ...tough call. But I do smile when I hear "If it says Libby Libby Libby on the label label label...."
- Do you have any hidden talents that no one would guess? - I learned to ride a unicycle when I was 11. Not sure how that would go today.
- Who is my favorite super hero? - Not really sure...I like Spiderman because of the way he flies around and climbs buildings to fight crime.
- What do you do in your spare time? - I spend time with my grandchildren, family, walk, read, and church.
"Libby is the absolute best. She is so caring and always puts her clients needs first. She is in constant contact with us and always alerts us if something is a little off with dad. She pushes him to do things in a good way and is so encouraging! She is just not a caregiver she is part of our family!!!!!!"
"She is a wonderful caregiver, when rose was really sick she was so caring and gentle and attentive and nothing was a bother or to much. but is especially awesome with a man that isn't always easy to deal with."
- What’s your name (or nickname you go by)? My family calls me Darlinka, but the reason is secret!!!
- How long have you been an in-home care aide? I have been with BYS for 17 years. I started part-time in 2000 and it became my career as the years went by!
- What do you like most about doing this job? It means so much to me that I can be of help to a client, or provide respite for their family, whether it's companionship or an end of life journey...I love what I do!!!
- What’s your best memory of caring for a client? Best and funny memory: I was caring for a client whose property backed up to Amish farmland. On that day, they were spreading fertilizer, as some was flying into her yard, she asked me to grab a shovel and fertilize her rose bushes. That was a first, but I did it!
- Name one song that puts a smile on your face no matter what? Anything by Andrea Bocelli
- Do you have any hidden talents that no one would guess? I was a pretty good dancer and was voted "best dancer" in High School, especially loved to jitterbug.
- What do you like to do in your spare time? Spending time with my family is what makes me the happiest, especially with my two beautiful granddaughters, Olivia and Gianna!
"Darlene has cared for my mother for almost two years. Darlene is always friendly caring and punctual. Darlene loves to cook and my mother loves her very special home cooked meals."
"The time spent with Darlene is filled with conversation about travel, life and fun times She does a very good job and we have a great relationship."
- What’s your name (or nickname you go by)? My name is Kathy and I live in East Petersburg
- How long have you been an in-home care aide? I have working with BYS for almost 6 years, since March 2012.
- What do you like most about doing this job? I take much satisfaction in the job and respect I give and receive from my client. To know that I am helmping them stay in their homes, among familiar surroundings, is another aspect that makes my work enjoyable.
- What’s your best memory of caring for a client? In 2015, I began working with Joan. When Joan passed away in 2016, I stayed on and began working with her husband Cliff, for whom I still give care. Helping him through this period has been beneficial for both of us, as I've had the opportunity to get to know his family and become closer to everyone around him.
- Name one song that puts a smile on your face no matter what? HAPPY by Pharrell Williams.
- Do you have any hidden talents that no one would guess? I was a pianist at Trinity Evangelical Church in Mt. Joy for a year and a half...not exactly a "hidden talent", but most people wouldn't know I played. I have for most of my life.
- Who is your favorite hero/heroine? What do you like to do in your spare time? My favorite hero is Steve Austin, The Six Million Dollar Man In my spare time I enjoy cooking (especially soups) and spending time with my four children.
"Kathy does my errands and grocery shopping. She makes wonderful meals and delicious cookies. Kathy is up-to-speed on everything. She is a top-notch caregiver. She never misses a day, great at organization, prompt, positive attitude, and has a beautiful smile.
I am very fortunate to have her as my caregiver for a long time. - Cliff"
- What’s your name (or nickname you go by)? My name is Jackie and I live in New Providence.
- How long have you been an in-home care aide? I have been an in-home care aide with By Your Side for 7 years.
- What do you like most about doing this job? What I like most about my job is that I can help people and really get to know them.
- What’s your best memory of caring for a client? One of my best memories is when I was working with Dottie and Al every morning when he got up he would come out and give her a kiss and tell her he loves her. It was nice to see after all the years they were together they still loved each other so much.
- Name one song that puts a smile on your face no matter what? A song that always makes me smile is Paula Abdul opposite attract. When I was young my grandfather would watch MTV and record videos off the tv and that was one of them.
- Do you have any hidden talents that no one would guess? My hidden talent is that I was a meat cutter before I was an in-home care aide.
- Who is your favorite hero/heroine? What do you like to do in your spare time? My favorite superhero is Iron Man. In my spare time I like to do crafts, read books, hiking, and watch movies.
"Jackie was very personable and open with his mother about his father Milton. They all felt very comfortable with her and that she was easy to be around."
"Jackie is wonderful and does everything. If Jackie sees something that needs to be completed she just does it without being asked. We like her very much."