Our Referred Caregivers
By Your Side Care has a special group of referred caregivers that provide exceptional in-home care. Get to know more about some of our referred caregivers.
- Where do you Live? Lancaster
- What I like most about doing this job? - Feeling/knowing that i am helping someone else.
- What is your best (unusual)memory? - There are many but one that pops into my mind...the time a client was not to be found anywhere on my arrival. I was even asked if I checked under the bed! Not there!! No one seemed to know where she was. Apparently, the client was rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night and unable to notify anyone. Fortunately, after a short time she was returned via ambulance back into the driveway safe and sound!
- What is a song that puts a smile on my face everytime i hear it? I enjoy lots of music and songs ...tough call. But I do smile when I hear "If it says Libby Libby Libby on the label label label...."
- Do you have any hidden talents that no one would guess? - I learned to ride a unicycle when I was 11. Not sure how that would go today.
- Who is my favorite super hero? - Not really sure...I like Spiderman because of the way he flies around and climbs buildings to fight crime.
- What do you do in your spare time? - I spend time with my grandchildren, family, walk, read, and church.
"Libby is the absolute best. She is so caring and always puts her clients needs first. She is in constant contact with us and always alerts us if something is a little off with dad. She pushes him to do things in a good way and is so encouraging! She is just not a caregiver she is part of our family!!!!!!"
"She is a wonderful caregiver, when rose was really sick she was so caring and gentle and attentive and nothing was a bother or to much. but is especially awesome with a man that isn't always easy to deal with."
- What’s your name (or nickname you go by)? My family calls me Darlinka, but the reason is secret!!!
- How long have you been an in-home care aide? I have been with BYS for 17 years. I started part-time in 2000 and it became my career as the years went by!
- What do you like most about doing this job? It means so much to me that I can be of help to a client, or provide respite for their family, whether it's companionship or an end of life journey...I love what I do!!!
- What’s your best memory of caring for a client? Best and funny memory: I was caring for a client whose property backed up to Amish farmland. On that day, they were spreading fertilizer, as some was flying into her yard, she asked me to grab a shovel and fertilize her rose bushes. That was a first, but I did it!
- Name one song that puts a smile on your face no matter what? Anything by Andrea Bocelli
- Do you have any hidden talents that no one would guess? I was a pretty good dancer and was voted "best dancer" in High School, especially loved to jitterbug.
- What do you like to do in your spare time? Spending time with my family is what makes me the happiest, especially with my two beautiful granddaughters, Olivia and Gianna!
"Darlene has cared for my mother for almost two years. Darlene is always friendly caring and punctual. Darlene loves to cook and my mother loves her very special home cooked meals."
"The time spent with Darlene is filled with conversation about travel, life and fun times She does a very good job and we have a great relationship."